Cornwall’s Your Shore Network is a collection of community- and volunteer-led local wildlife groups, working around the county to protect our special marine and coastal environment. For the past five years the Network has been supported by The Your Shore Beach Rangers (YSBR) Project, a dynamic and vibrant collaboration between Cornwall Wildlife Trust and Cornwall College and funded by The National Lottery Community Fund through the Our Bright Future programme.
Through events, training and the establishment of the Beach Rangers Academy, YSBR united communities and young people in Cornwall to combat threats to their local marine environment while giving people a stronger voice for its protection. The Project...
- created an impressive 670 Beach Rangers through the Academy
- hosted 1,000 events in person and online for all ages
- engaged with 16,000 young people
- removed 80 tonnes of coastal rubbish in one year alone, and
- connected with existing marine groups and created new ones, forming a 17-strong network around the county.