Calendar fundraiser for Cornish wildlife
The photographs capture the mood and seasons of a year and at the same time raise funds that will go directly towards the Trust’s conservation work in Cornwall. It includes a main image for each month, including January 2018, plus mini photos of wildlife to look out for each month, whether on the beach, sky or land, as well as dates for local events, festivals and celebrations.
Cornwall is home to a wide array of wildlife, and these are featured in the Calendar along with fantastic landscapes from all around the county. The photographs have been taken by the Trust’s incredibly talented Photographic Group and supporters, including two by renowned wildlife photographer, David Chapman. With a stunning image of Godrevy Beach on the cover taken by Ian French, and repeated for January 2018, it will look beautiful in any home for the whole year round.
The Calendar includes the Cornish language and was produced and printed in Cornwall on recycled paper, and comes with an envelope, making it ideal to post to family and friends.
Mark Nicholson, Chairman of Cornwall Wildlife Trust says,
“The beauty of Wild Cornwall is a constant source of inspiration. Everyone needs a calendar, so why not combine practicality and pleasure by enjoying the images in this every day throughout the year. Your purchase will also help Cornwall Wildlife Trust to continue its valuable work.”
Cornwall is a breath-taking county and the Trust’s 2017 calendar helps illustrate the diverse, rich and wild landscapes we have here, featuring alongside photos of our glorious local wildlife. Buying a copy actually benefits both our local wildlife and wild places as all funds help our conservation work”.
The year begins at Helman Tor and ends in December with a winter’s feel at Roughtor, Bodmin Moor. The emphasis throughout the year focuses on some of Cornwall’s most beautiful seascapes including the iconic Crown Mines at Botallack, Porth Nanven and St. Michael’s Mount, while the cover, repeated in January 2018, is a colourful day at Godrevy Beach, near Hayle.
With its stunning images Wild Cornwall 2017 is one to treasure long after the year has gone, and at just £6.50, plus p&p is a perfect gift for anyone who loves the county. Every copy sold makes a direct contribution to the Trust’s important work in protecting Cornwall’s wildlife and wild places.
• Images provided by Cornwall Wildlife Trust’s Photographic Group.
• Includes January 2018.
• Features ‘what to see’ wildlife species for each month of the year
• Spacious date boxes to list all your monthly commitments.
• Includes Cornish language and local Cornish events.
• Includes two photographs by renowned wildlife photographer David Chapman.
• Comes with an envelope, making it ideal to post to family and friends.
• Produced and printed in Cornwall on recycled paper.
All production costs, for this calendar, are covered by generous sponsorship from local businesses including, Aspects Holidays, Classic Cottages, Chelonia Ltd, Cornish Riviera Box Office, Four Way Print,, Harbour Lights, PSP Insurance & Financial Solutions, Silverlake Design, South West Water, St Eval Candle Company, Trebah Garden, Tregothan Estate and Watson Marlow.
Calendars can be purchased online at www.cornwallwildlifetrust.org.uk/shop, by phoning the Trust on (01872) 273939 or posting a cheque to Cornwall Wildlife Trust, Five Acres, Allet, Truro, TR4 9DJ. Postage and packing is £2.95.
You can get also get your copy at the following retailers:
•The Cornish Store, 11 Arwenack Street, Falmouth, TR11 3JA
• Trebah Garden, Mawnan Smith, Falmouth TR11 5JZ
Truro and St Austell area
• Waterstones Book Shop, 11-12 Boscawen Street, Truro, TR1 2QU
• Quickstop, Shortlanesend Post Office, Truro, TR4 9DD
• Cornish Riviera, Tourist Information Centre, Southbourne Road, St Austell, PL25 4RS
• Tourist Information Centre, Municipal Buildings, Boscawen Street, Truro, TR1 2NE
• Blackwater Post Office, East Hill, Truro TR4 8EG
St Agnes and Perranporth area
• Morgans Café and Gift Shop, Presingoll Barns, Penwinnick Road, Saint Agnes TR5 0PA
• Hills Holiday Shop, St. Pirans Road, Perranporth, TR6 0BJ
Redruth and Camborne area
• Cornwall Centre, Kresenn Kernow, Alma Place, Redruth, TR15 2AT
• Tasha’s Redruth, 4 Alma Place, Redruth.
• The Village Shop, The Square, Praze-an-Beeble, Camborne TR14 0JR
St Ives and Hayle area
• The Wharf Post Office, 4 Chy an Chy, St Ives, TR26 1LH
• Copperhouse Post Office, 45 Fore Street, Hayle, TR27 4DX
• Flower Time Florist @ The Big Pink Tree, 17 Penpol Terrace, Hayle TR27 4BQ
• Minack Theatre, The Minack Theatre, Porthcurno, Penzance TR19 6JU
• Bricknells Stationery, 14 Fore Street, Bodmin, PL31 2HQ
• Bricknells Stationery, 11 Molesworth Street, Wadebridge, PL27 7DD
If you are a retailer and would like to sell this calendar please contact Carolyn O’Hagan (01872) 273939 ext 204.
If you run a business and would like to sponsor a month within the Trust’s 2018 calendar please get in touch with Serena Pettigrew-Jolly, Business Support Coordinator on (01872) 273939 ext 205.