30 Days Wild in Cornwall
This is the second year of 30 Days Wild and it has now been made even easier with an exciting new app which will give users more than 100 ‘Random Acts of Wildness’ – simple actions people can take to help or connect with nature. The app can be downloaded at wildlifetrusts.org/30dayswild/app
30 Days Wild is a simple app, available on iPhone and Android from now. It offers more than 100 ‘Random Acts of Wildness’ for inspiration with a random wild activity selected each time. The app enables people to share activities on social media, through direct messaging or email. All are everyday ways to connect with nature or help wildlife. This could be as simple as:
• Walk on the wild side: Take a detour on the walk to work, school or with the dog and take in a wild place
• Dive in: Have a bracing wild swim in our beautiful Cornish sea
• Make a wild encounter: share a close encounter with a favourite species – take a friend along to a Cornwall Wildlife Trust event or visit one of their nature reserves.
• Get creative: make a wild work of art outdoors and leave it for others to enjoy
• Hunt for wild treasures: Set up a treasure hunt and search for wild things like feathers or bones
• Sow a wildflower meadow: Plant a nectar-rich mini meadow for bees and butterflies
• Birdwatch on your bike: pedal around your local patch and keep a lookout for birds
• Drift off to wild sounds: Record and play back soothing sounds of nature to send you to sleep
Cornwall Wildlife Trust encourages everyone across Cornwall to do a Random Act of Wildness every day during June – to help feel happier, healthier and closer to the wild!
Chris Betty, Communications Officer for Cornwall Wildlife Trust says,
“The 30 Days Wild challenge is about finding a little time every day to enjoy, experience and take action for nature, no matter where you live. The new app will help you to do this. Some Random Acts of Wildness only take moments and so will fit into the busiest of lifestyles. We are lucky to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world with a wealth of fascinating wildlife, so get outside every day this June and do something wild – guaranteed you will feel happier and healthier!”
Everyone who signs up to 30 Days Wild will receive a pack full of encouragement, ideas and ‘Random Acts of Wildness’ and regular blasts of inspiration throughout June straight to their inbox to help everyone make nature part of their lives. Visit www.wildlifetrusts.org/30dayswild to sign up, take the challenge and reconnect with your wild side– its fun and its free! Connect with Cornwall Wildlife Trust on social media and share progress and ideas using #30DaysWild