How you can support us
We work with businesses large and small from a variety of sectors, and you can join too! Your business can help support us in a way that suits you. We have a number of packages as well as visitor gifting, sponsorship, employee fundraising and more…
£250 + VAT pa or £25 a month
- Use of Business Supporter logo and a framed certificate to display to the public
- Promotion of your business to our members and beyond on our website and social media
- Listed in our print publications: Wild Cornwall magazine, Wildlife at Work and our Annual Review
- Wildlife Information for your staff and customers
- 9 copies of Wild Cornwall
- 9 copies of Wildlife Watch; our junior magazine
- Variety of leaflets
- Access to our wildlife educations sessions
- Access to ‘Wildlife and habitat visits’ from our Environmental Consultancy CEC
- Discounts surveys and landscaping
- Invitations to Cornwall Wildlife Trust events
- Special benefits when joining Cornwall Good Seafood Guide
- Regular contact with our Business Support Manager
- Free Wildlife gift
£500 + VAT pa or £50 a month
All the fantastic benefits of Business Membership, as well as additional exclusive benefits:
- Premium listings in all of our publications
- Your company’s logo on our website
- Feature in our business enewsletter
- Framed Wildlife Guardian certificate
£1000 + VAT pa or £100 a month
Including all the benefits of Business Membership and Wildlife Guardian membership, plus these premium benefits:
- An exclusive guided walk on a Cornwall Wildlife Trust Nature Reserve for up to 20 of your staff, colleagues or clients
- Wildlife Partner certificate presented by president of Cornwall Wildlife trust
- A dedicated press release when you join
Wildlife Education Sessions for Children
All of our Business Supporters have exclusive access to wildlife education sessions and events for children. You can inspire the next generation of nature-explorers.
Our exciting and engaging wildlife education sessions can be tailored to your premises for your guests, or on your behalf at a local school or group. Sessions are aimed at primary school aged children, 4 to 11 years old, and are based on our current Wildlife Watch activities.
Wildlife education session themes available:
• ARTrageous – wildlife themed arts and crafts
• Beach clean/beach comb – including craft make and take, covering the theme of marine rubbish
• Beautiful butterflies – butterflies games, arts and crafts
• Create a giant insect hotel - make an insect hotel on a site, record what insects have made it home months later
• Feed the birds
• Flower pressing - make a flower press, take a nature walk to collect fallen flowers
• Make a bat box
• Make a bird box
• Minibeast mayhem – insect hunting, insect themed games, make and take small bug home
• Nature scavenger hunt
• Pond dipping
• Seashore scavenge
• Wildlife scrapbook – wildlife photography walk and create a scrap book to take home.
Visitor Gifting is a brilliant way for your business to support Cornwall Wildlife Trust through voluntary donations from your customers.
- Choose to support a specific project or Cornwall Wildlife Trust as a whole
- Engage Cornwall’s Tourism industry with local environmental issues, so they can continue to enjoy Cornwall’s natural beauty for years to come
- Build a relationship with your customers, promoting charity and loyalty through business
- Personalise your gifting scheme to suit your business
Examples of visitor gifting currently in Cornwall include:
- Bamham Farm Cottages, Launceston, ask for £1 donation from visitors when they use the washing machine or tumble dryers.
- Carbis Bay Holidays, St Ives, have an ‘optin’ £5 per week for holiday cottage bookings
- Higher Menadew Farm,St Austell, run an 'opt-out' scheme asking guests to donate £2 to our educational work with every cottage booking
- Polstrong Feed Store, Camborne, donate 10p for every bag of bird feed sold
- Rosehill Lodges, Porthtowan, encourage donations for their wildlife walk guides, and in lieu of telephone bill payments
Let us know how you could help Cornwall Wildlife Trust through visitor gifting by calling 01872302264 or emailing us.
1% for the Planet
1% for the Planet is a global movement of companies choosing to donate one per cent of their annual sales turnover to environmental organisations. Cornwall Wildlife Trust is registered to this scheme and welcome businesses to join in support.
Sponsor a Project
Support the work of Cornwall Wildlife Trust by sponsoring a project or aspect of our work. We can tailor sponsorship to meet particular business interests and a have a variety of projects that you can support.
Whether you have £200 or £20,000 to give we welcome your support. In return we can offer a bespoke publicity plan for your business with guaranteed promotion to our membership and beyond. You can help us through Departmental projects, supporting a Nature Reserve near you or the production of our annual charity calendar
Currently seeking support for:
- Nature Reserves
- Wild Cornwall & Wildlife at Work Magazine
- Leaflets and Information
- Interpretation boards
- Wildlife Watch events
- Sales sponsorship
- And many more…
Wildlife Friendly Business Award
Our very own category as part of the annual Cornwall Tourism Awards, is our Wildlife Friendly Business Award. If you’re in the Tourism business and work with wildlife in mind, we encourage you to enter!
- Sponsored Tevi encouraging environmental and economic growth in Cornwall
- Show other tourism business’ the importance of supporting wildlife and influence best practise for the future
- Visit https://www.cornwalltourismawards.org.uk/ for more information on how to enter and what makes you eligible for our awards
- If you believe that your tourism business is excellent and you aim to support Cornwall’s wildlife, we would love for you to enter
- Make sure your business is recognised as one of the county's best!
- Winners will be announced at the Grand Awards Dinner in November
2018 Winners of Wildlife Friendly Business Award: Newquay Sea Safaris
Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project (CoaST)
Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project (CoaST) work with a variety of businesses in Cornwall and beyond, to ensure tourism delivers social, economic and environmental benefits to all.
CoaST works with everyone (from cake-makers to photographers, campsites to recycling collectors, community groups, hotels, colleges, universities, beach cafes, designers and beer brewers) to ensure tourism delivers social, economic and environmental benefits, as well as a fantastic holiday for all visitors. CoaST started in Cornwall and have gone viral, with members collaborating on their online 'One Planet Tourism' network from across more than 50 counties and 15 countries to date… and growing!
Tourism is incredibly important to Cornwall. The industry provides work for one in five Cornish people, and represents a quarter of all money generated in our county each year. Along with many local businesses who are passionate about making a difference, including many of the our Business Supporters, CoaST recognises that Cornwall's tourism relies heavily on its principal asset; the natural environment. An asset which Cornwall Wildlife Trust endeavours to protect, now and for the future, for all to enjoy and learn from.
CoaST believes that whilst big changes can't happen overnight, lots of small changes do add up, so they have set up a global wide network to help everyone, everywhere figure out how to face these challenges. The 'One Planet Tourism' network allows people from all over Cornwall and beyond to connect and share ideas, to help towards a better, sustainable future for tourism.