Are you up to the challenge of getting outside and doing something wild every day this June?
Guaranteed to make you feel happier and healthier!
30 Days Wild is The Wildlife Trusts mass participation month long event. No matter how busy you think you are why not challenge yourself to do something wild every day? The Random Acts of Wildness can take many shapes and forms just watch our video below for some inspiration and sign up to the challenge!
When you sign up to the 30 Days Wild challenge, The Wildlife Trust’s will email you a pack full of encouragement, ideas and Random Acts of Wildness. You’ll also receive a funky wallchart to track your progress and regular blasts of inspiration throughout June straight to your inbox to help you make nature part of your life.
30 Days Wild is a simple app, available on iPhone and Android. It offers more than 100 ‘Random Acts of Wildness’ for inspiration with a random wild activity selected each time. The app enables people to share activities on social media, through direct messaging or email. All are everyday ways to connect with nature or help wildlife. This could be as simple as:
• Walk on the wild side: Take a detour on the walk to work, school or with the dog and take in a wild place
• Dive in: Have a bracing wild swim in our beautiful Cornish sea
• Make a wild encounter: share a close encounter with a favourite species – take a friend along to a Cornwall Wildlife Trust event or visit one of our nature reserves.
• Get creative: make a wild work of art outdoors and leave it for others to enjoy
• Hunt for wild treasures: Set up a treasure hunt and search for wild things like feathers or bones
• Sow a wildflower meadow: Plant a nectar-rich mini meadow for bees and butterflies
• Birdwatch on your bike: pedal around your local patch and keep a lookout for birds
• Drift off to wild sounds: Record and play back soothing sounds of nature to send you to sleep