For more information on these exciting opportunities please view the application pack and job descriptions.
If you share our values and you believe that you have the proven skills, experience and behaviours, please send your CV and covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
To maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained, and to report to the Council of Trustees accordingly.
Additional duties of the Treasurer:
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements and reports to Trustees, and to members at the AGM, drawing attention to important issues in a coherent and easily understandable way.
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs.
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate financial reserves policy.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures are in place.
- Liaising with paid staff and with Trustees about financial matters.
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans.
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with financial legislation.
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, e.g. the Charity Commission and/or Companies House. Ensuring the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and that any recommendations are implemented.
- Ensuring the charity has an appropriate investment policy.
- Ensuring there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims / objects of the charity.
- Monitoring the organisation’s investment activity and ensuring its consistency with the organisation’s policies and legal responsibilities.
- Keeping Council informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to Council.
Treasurer person specification Ideally:
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences