Inspiring children about nature, photo by Ali Sopp
Cornwall Wildlife Trust is delighted to offer Business Supporters exclusive access to wildlife education sessions and events for children.
Inspire the next generation of nature-explorers...
Our exciting and engaging wildlife education sessions can be tailored to your premises for your guests, or we can deliver these on your behalf at a local school or group such as Brownies or Scouts. Sessions are aimed at primary school aged children, 4 to 11 years old, and are based on the Trusts’ current Fox Club activities.
Wildlife education session themes available:
• All about the bees – 2 hours of bee fun times!
• ARTrageous – wildlife themed arts and crafts
• Beach clean/beach comb – including craft make and take, covering the theme of marine rubbish
• Beautiful butterflies – butterflies games, arts and crafts
• Create a giant insect hotel - make an insect hotel on a site, record what insects have made it home months later
• Delightful dragonflies – pond dipping if access to a pond, dragonfly nymphs games, make and take dragonfly arts and crafts
• Feed the birds
• Flower pressing - make a flower press, take a nature walk to collect fallen flowers*
• Make a bat box*
• Make a bird box*
• Make a bug hotel*
• Marvellous mammals
• Minibeast mayhem – insect hunting, insect themed games, make and take small bug home*
• Nature scavenger hunt
• Pond dipping
• Seashore scavenge
• Wildlife scrapbook – wildlife photography walk and create a scrap book to take home.
• Wonderous wildlife – wildlife games, arts and crafts, themed to your site
• If you have any ideas not listed above, we are happy
to discuss these!
Host your own Wildlife Education sessions
1)Bespoke Trust-led session at your chosen site
£230 +(VAT)** including:
Initial project brief and site visit: £70 (+VAT)
• Assessment of site and facilities for suitability
• Risk assessments for health and safety purposes
Wildlife education session delivery: £160 (+VAT)
• Sessions will run for two hours
• Including an introduction on health and safety
• Parents will need to stay with children
• Business will be responsible for arranging for the children to attend the session
• Sessions can be held at Business Supporter venue or another chosen site.
• If sessions are held at a school, the school will be responsible for the adult: child ratio
Cost includes: Site visit, write-up of risk assessment, two hour session (plus set up and take down time), preparation time, equipment use, travel costs and some resources/material costs, depending on session booked.
2) Become your own ‘Wildlife Ranger’
The Trust can also offer to train your staff to carry out wildlife education sessions, providing a sustainable way to inspire and educate your guests and visitors.
Pricing for ‘Wildlife Ranger’ training is £80 (+VAT) per hour. This includes some materials/resources where appropriate. Once the theme is decided, sessions can be delivered on a one-on-one basis, or up to a maximum of 10 Business Supporter staff can attend each session. An initial site visit may be required.
To book or to find out more information about holding a tailored wildlife education session, or training to run your own sessions please contact Antonia Mullaly, Business Support Manager on 01872 302 264 or email email@example.com